Wednesday 24 June 2015

Almost Done! June 2015 Paper Pumpkin Redo Projects



Hello fellow stamping enthusiasts!  Had a field trip yesterday with the kiddo in kindergarten, a lovely year end journey to a grizzly bear retreat at Kicking Horse Resort where they had the sweetest little grad ceremony.  It was so cute!  Anyway, I forced me to take a day off and I actually got time to stamp (some days it's tough!) so I was very happy.

Today's cards are again from the June 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit.  The colors featured in this kit are all new In Colors: Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, and Tip Top Taupe, along with highlights of tempting turquoise and a few others, in case you were wondering.


I fashioned the "button" embellishment with the white punch out and the center from one of the watermelon flowers, then used a tiny hole punch to make a few holes in 2 places, then threaded the twine and tied a bow.  Looks like a button, but at a fraction of the cost!  Rather genius if I do say so, even if I didn't plan to be frugal.  I don't usually like to limit myself, it hampers my creativity--but in this case it really worked! 

To get the green on the front, I cut an envelope liner so you just see the hint show, with nothing below inside the envelope.  In this way, I had a lot more to play with!  I feel tips like these are important, as my paper pumpkin subscribers are all new to stamping and don't have a stockpile sitting in their homes as I do. And I must say, having to limit myself to the box really forced me to look at things from another perspective, which will be great for my stamping group!


This one was made with a few extra pieces.  I have a lot of pieces left over still, especially since I made things like boxes and bags out of the card fronts.


This last card was made using the one sheet of Whisper White card stock I allowed myself to bring in, and was created with all my other odds and ends from the other projects.  It's pretty cute, especially since it was made with scraps.  It certainly isn't my usual style of over the top, but its homey and charming just the same.

I've learned so much from my paper pumpkin kit play that I think I'm going to do this every month as a way to stretch my mind and creativity.  Well, at least every OTHER month--I confess I reached many times for items beyond the box and had to slap my own hand away, so maybe it limited me in one way while expanding me in another?!  Either way, it was so much fun and I loved it.  I've been cranking out cards for the Farmer's Market, and I confess it starts feeling like regurgitated crap sometimes, and does nothing for my creative passion.  It was a great change.

Thanks for reading again, I appreciate each and every one of you for following my blog.  Have a wonderful day :) Sending happy thoughts out to each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment