Saturday 27 June 2015

Project: Summer Break!



Happy Saturday!

I'm down with the flu today, with a fever in the middle of a heat wave.  I guess that's life, at least my boys haven't caught it.  Oh, and my best friend became a grandma last night!  I'm so excited for her, and it turns out staying up all night making the shower favors was a good idea the other day.  My fabulous daughter Emma helped me :)  No pics, or I would have shared the project, there was just no time!

Playing at my desk today I came up with a fun summer project for kids.  I often make projects that include crayons, markers, reusable wipe-off window sheets and the like.  I love making cards with mazes and puzzles for kid's get well cards.  Today's project is simple, as I am not feeling quite up to snuff, but it's a great beginner project.  


You need 12 x 12 card stock for this.  Cit it at 4 1/4" wide, and keep the 12" length.  Score at 5.5 and 11", as well as 11 3/8" as shown above.


Fold on all score lines.  It should look like this.



Cut your image to color with the die cut machine, and another layer in the same size (because the next size up doesn't fit on the card).


To layer it with the coloring image, I cut it right in half and trim the points off as above.


If you've trimmed it right, it will look like this when layered.  Just a cute extra hint of color around the edges.


Inside, I place my 5 markers to color with and hold them in place from side to side with dimensionals.  I then place 2 more layers of dimensionals on top of these so there are 3 on each side--a perfect fit to glue the flap down.


I add a layer of card stock with a stamped message, then tie a ribbon around.



On the front I layer a piece of DSP that is 3 3/4" x 5".  The top flap goes under the ribbon layer, and top open either slide the ribbon right off or just pull the flap out.  This set is retired Spring Gifts,  I love the cute little bunnies, and have used this set so many times.


Retired Little Trucks stamp set.  My darling son claimed this for himself :)


Boy version 2, using retired Cowboy Kid.


Girl version 2 using retired Pretty Princess.



All four of them together, all using retired stamps I love!  Just a side note, they all require an envelope one size bigger then typical, because of the depth from the markers.

Thanks for reading, and please share your thoughts.  I'd love to hear them!

~Weezie


No comments:

Post a Comment