Friday 26 June 2015

Wednesday Basic Box Class Tutorial



Hello fellow artisans!

Wednesday nights are my weekly stamp class where all my ladies come to learn something new, or just have fun.  It's pretty easy for me to keep teaching them, as I have only met 2 people in town who are into papercrafting, so no one knows how to do anything I haven't taught them yet :)

This week we made basic square boxes, and I am pretty happy with how they turned out.  These little 2.25 x 2.25 x 2.25" boxes hold 10 After Eight chocolates perfectly (and hence the size!) so we stuffed ours full of chocolate.

Here's my basic box.  I made it in a hurry before class and did not stamp it, but it gives the general idea.


Let's go over the steps:


Cut the card stock at 6 3/4" square.  Score all around at 2 1/4" and 4 1/2".


Cut the lid at 4 5/16" and score at 1" all around.


Now cut 2 sides on each sheet of card stock as shown above.


Put sticky strip or tear and tape on 2 outside flaps.


This is the order I layer mine, because then you only have one seam and it's facing the back and looks smooth from the front.


Smooth on the front with no seams!


But now the inside flaps are loose, so stick a couple of glue dots in there to hold them down :)


Tape your lid up like this.  Mine isn't perfect, I should have taken the time to trim it up, but I had no time.  I love the score board, but the scores are wide and it can lead to unevenness in your project if you don't trim carefully!


The finished box.  Let's decorate it now!  


Using gift wrap tissue paper folded into 6 or 8 layers, punch out your flower.  Any flower will do really, so use whatever punch you have.


Crinkle your bottom layer with your fingers.


For the next fe w layers, pinch and crinkle the tissue as shown in the picture above and below.


Place a glue dot where my fingers are, essentially and glue down to the base layers.


In the middle on my last layer, I add 2 of these 'petals'.  Then I scrunch the whole thing up for more shape.


And this is my finished flower:


Stuff your box with your After Eights.  It holds 10 or 12 beautifully!


Wrap the ribbon around the box snugly, and place one glue dot to join them.  The ribbon can now slide off and on.  Adhere your flower to the top of the seam to hide it.


Voila, your finished treat box!  Keep going to see the ones we made in class :)


I had 2 brand new stampers Wednesday and one who hadn't done it in a few years.  I think they did a great job!  And of course, I made one for the Hubby whom we shall just call Handsome, my nick nae for him :)  He's an outdoorsy guy, so I chose leaves and wood theme.


I hope you learned something today!  Now go try it, gifting becomes addictive! It's really fun to see what one can come up with.  On my agenda, a treasure chest box to design, for the Pirate treasure hunt I'm having for my youngest son in august.  I'm so excited, my older kids outgrew hunts (one is 18 now, and unless it's a chest of REAL gold and a KEG of rum, he is NOT interested...) but now I have a fresh kindergarten grad to design hunts for until at last high school.  Yay!  I will post details on the hunt in august as I am planning it, in case you'd like to plan hunts for your child :)

Have a fantastic day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment