Friday 5 June 2015

Welcome to my blog!



Hi, I'm Louise, but you can call me Weezie!  I'm a stamping enthusiast (ok, addict...), heirloom sewer, and lover of all creative pursuits.  I try to be practical, but I can't help myself: I'm happiest when I'm creating.  My objective in this blog is to entertain you and inspire you to create your own masterpieces that will leave you amazed with what you really CAN do :)  I will share my favorite fellow bloggers, videos and other exciting things in the blogs to come.  Please check back often, as I will keep updating with new projects!

My piece of advice for today:  Use the best quality papers, inks and ribbons you can afford.  When you use cheap materials, the final result looks cheap.  If you are going to splurge on one item, I'd make it Stampin Up! Whisper White card stock:  It's perfect for watercoloring, stamping and virtually everything.  Images turn out crisp, and it's super smooth.  I refuse to use anything else!  Try it, you'll be hooked.

Oh, and I'm a Stampin Up! Demonstrator.  I'm not usually going to try to sell you stuff, but there is an offer this month I would feel bad NOT sharing.  If you need a few things, why not sign up as a hobby demonstrator?  It's $125 CND including shipping, you choose every item that goes into your kit, and this month only, they are letting you pick 2 stamp sets of ANY VALUE from the catalogue.  That's right, even $60 sets.  It's a pretty amazing deal, and even if you never sell one single thing or host a party, SU is always happy to have you.  Anyway, just a thought.  If you're interested, here's a link to my website where you can join the fun: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/weezie/jointhefun  Or, you can email me: weezie@louisestanding.com

Today I will share some of the things I've been working on lately.  I hop eyou enjoy browsing as much as I enjoyed creating!

These are made with Stampin Up! treat bags die.  I am LOVING it.  Too much fun.  The top one is for a baby girl, and the bottom is a wedding card.

Using SU treat bags.

The bling in this one came from the dollar store.  Pretty nice for a buck!


Don't forget to stamp and play up the inside!  It makes it so much more fun and is a sweet surprise when they open the card.

I've been making these for years, I like to always have a couple on hand because when friends come down sick, you don't get a lot of advance notice!  They super cute, and always well received.


Washi tape was new to me.  I really like it.  The top card was a CASE of sorts from last year's SU catty, it was a tag I adapted into a card.  I think they are both adorable.



This butterfly card was my first attempt at using their masks.  I dabbed my encore gold pad all over the mask and card, and while I wanted crisp perfect lines, I like the overall messiness of it.  It turned out SO MESSY, it looks like it was actually MEANT to look that way.  LMAO.  Not so, but still lovely.

I'm off to a trade show tomorrow where I will sell these lovelies and book some workshops, wish me success!

A wonderful weekend to you and yours, it's fabulously sunny here in the Rocky Mountains :)

~Weezie

No comments:

Post a Comment