Saturday 13 June 2015

Special Someone



Happy weekend fellow bloggers and readers!

Sorry it's been a few days, I confess I have had this mystery migraine hanging around all week that has made me quite under the weather.  I spent my yesterday watching video tutorials on all the fabulous things ones can do with an Envelope Punch Board, and while I loved it before, I am completely enamored with it now!  I will share a tutorial on projects featuring it in the upcoming week.


Today's card is super sweet:



I created using too many stamp sets, I confess there were FIVE.  I could have used less, but I chose elements from each set to get exactly what I wanted.  From Choose Happiness (current), I used the little yellow designer line stamped up on the left.  From Work of Art (also current) I used the cute little heart.  I have several other hearts, but it's my favorite.  From retired sets, I used "you inspire me" from Perfect Words.  Chalk Talk is the main feature element, and I LOVE it.  I guess the set was around for the 3 years I dropped off SU and just got discontinued.  Such a shame, I love it and use it SO MUCH!  The greeting inside came from Because You Care, which is also retired.  I made this a birthday card, but I also made a version on Vanilla cs using bashful blue and pear pizzazz, and made it a baby boy card since a friend of mine is about to become a grandma (at 38!!!) and they are getting a sweet little boy.  So this card really could be used for a number of occasions.


(Don't forget to stamp the inside of your card, this is where you get personal!)

I used whisper white card stock, as always, and stamped my little hearts in blushing bride.  The yellow design was stamped in so saffron.  I used stacked with love washi tape on the bottom, along with pink pirouette seam binding ribbon, linen thread, and a very vintage designer button.  

For the image:  On WW cs, I stamped the image using black versafine.  I love this ink, it's super sticky like versamark but colored.  I only have ever seen it in black.  I then sprinkled clear detail embossing powder over top  and heat set it.  Using blushing bride, pear pizzazz and so saffron markers, I colored in the images.  Now you can't see it on the picture, but the clear embossing powder gives the image a gorgeous high gloss sheen.  LOVE IT!

Voila, that's the card.  It was simple, yet took a fair bit of time as I seem to be all thumbs today (sheesh...) and it was fussy with heat embossing and coloring.  

Not sure what I will bring you next, but I know it will be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment