Monday 8 June 2015

Summer is officially here :)



I love summer, and I'm so glad it's finally here.  Today I'd like to share one of my favorite stamp sets. It's retired, but I love it.  I'm a stamp hoarder, and I never get rid of my retired sets!  In any case, this stamp always uplifts me and brings summer to my heart, even in the dead of winter.  Here it is:



I used tempting turquoise card stock, ran it through the big shot with an embossing folder and then aged it with some distressing ink.  I inked the stamp itself with my markers, using old olive, chocolate chip, crumb cake and turquoise.  The image is a verse out of the catty that I loved, I ran it through the printer on vellum paper, and adhered it with a couple of rhinestones.  I love to dress up the envelopes, so again I distressed it and used another stamp from the set.  As I am sure I have mentioned in the past, my one piece of advice is to use the best quality papers you can afford, so I ALWAYS use whisper white card stock and envelopes.  If you've ever used it, you understand why--if you never have, it has a super smooth, slightly glossy finish and is the most beautiful card base and envelope you'll ever find.  The smoothness makes stamping the envelopes pure joy, impressions come out so crisp.  I love it!  I finished the card off with retired chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon and hodgepodge hardware from years back.

I hope today's card evokes that tropical breeze in your imagination, I am dreaming of Mexico at the moment!

My next post will be a tutorial, I'm not sure what I'm going to create but I have a feeling it's going to be a 3D item.  Maybe a bag or purse?  I feel crafty today and need a change from cards (I made 106 for the market in the last 2 weeks!) so it will be something good, I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment